Atomos AtomX Cast Ninja V/Ninja V+
Switch & Stream with Ninja V and AtomX CAST
AtomX CAST is a modular companion for the Atomos Ninja V and Ninja V+ monitor-recorder that uses the AtomX expansion port on the Ninja V/V+ to transform it into an advanced multi-input switcher. The combination of the Ninja V and AtomX CAST becomes the Ninja CAST, a fully functional stand-alone switcher, multiview monitor and broadcast quality recorder that does not require a computer to function. With a high quality 5” HDR touchscreen monitor, 4 x HDMI inputs and physical buttons, the Ninja CAST is the ultimate portable live switching and streaming solution.
Disponibil pentru precomandă
Broadcast features for everyone
- AtomX CAST is for video creators or anyone who wants to make broadcast quality multi-camera programs simply and quickly from anywhere. It is also for anyone that wants to add professional broadcast quality features to their online meetings, presentations, remote learning/training, virtual conferences, demonstrations or engaging corporate videos. Best of all, CAST is simple and easy to use — you don’t need to be a video professional to achieve great looking results.
Simple Switching and Streaming
- The flexible control options allow you to use either the touchscreen or the physical buttons to ‘switch’ between sources when deciding what should be on screen at any one time for broadcast. The illuminated buttons for each input and coloured LED lighting for Program and Preview status allow you to operate the CAST in dimly lit environments.
- Easily change from quad view to a single channel view on any of your incoming signals with a tap on the screen. In single view mode, you have access to all the monitor assist tools of the Ninja V/V+, which includes focus peaking, zoom, zebras and more. Tap the screen again and you are back in quad view ready to switch, knowing all your inputs are focused and exposed correctly.
Connect any full HD video source
- Connect mirrorless or DSLR cameras, video cameras, computers, consoles or pre-recorded content via HDMI. There’s no need to worry about synchronization, as you can mix & match frame rates up to 60p.
- With the Ninja V or Ninja V+ docked in, the AtomX CAST connects via USB-C to your computer and appears as a high-quality webcam. Plug and play allows it to work immediately with all your video applications like Zoom, Teams and Skype without the need to install drivers on the computer first. Add up to 4 camera inputs to bring your presentation or meeting to the next level.
- Having an integrated monitor allows you to see the incoming signals as a multiview display, without having to connect an additional monitor. With the Ninja V / V+ docked into the AtomX CAST you can utilize its high quality 5” touchscreen for setup and the monitor-assist tools for exposure, focus and image analysis for optimising your shots. Switch to multiview to see all four inputs at once, complete with audio level monitoring. Ninja CAST offers all the same essential monitoring features available from your Ninja, allowing you to nail exposure and focus every time.
Configurable and Adaptable
- As AtomX CAST is so compact and versatile, users can easily work alone or with a team to enhance their productions. Solo operators can transport the Ninja CAST in a small backpack and use it discreetly with compact mirrorless cameras for productions of any size. For larger setups, the Ninja HDMI output can be used as a secondary output that can be set up as a duplicate program out, preview monitoring for the crew or talent or to connect to a larger multiview display.
Enhance your brand, your videos and your reach
- Sophisticated features like logos, mast head graphics and lower third titles will make your productions look incredible, and the dedicated controls for these functions make them easy to use. Add custom graphics for branding your content, with support for transparency, sponsors’ logos and other on-screen information to your production and configure the layout on the Ninja touchscreen.
- One of the benefits of using CAST with a multi-camera setup, is that you can use the Picture-in-Picture function to display two inputs at the same time. Any of the four HDMI inputs can be used for a Picture-in-Picture effect over the program output with controls for size and location of the overlayed image. You can display a close-up of a product on your desk and display your face as a picture in picture at the same time, whilst you talk about the product.
Ready for Advanced Workflows
- AtomX CAST connected to a Ninja V / V+ is a fully functional stand-alone switcher, but you can also use it with a computer for more advanced video work. In this mode, AtomX CAST and Ninja V does the heavy lifting, taking the load off your computer and reduces the likelihood of software crashes with dedicated external video processing.
- Simply add AtomX CAST as a media source in OBS, X-Split and VMix to make use of the software application’s additional graphics and scene configuration while using the CAST for video input switching.
Stand out from the crowd
- Using Ninja CAST with a decent camera and almost any suitable lens gives you a professional broadcasting solution with incredible picture quality. You can set a shallow depth of field and create a cinematic look that is dramatically different from the image you get from your average webcam. Pay attention to lighting, camera angles and sound, and you will soon be making professional quality video productions. Even an older HD camcorder can output great looking video through its HDMI port, which means that you probably already have cameras for a multi-camera production.
Built in versatility
- AtomX CAST can deliver to a worldwide audience by sending a stream to your favourite streaming host, output a broadcast quality video signal to a local display, digital signage or video wall – and you can do all this whilst recording the program stream for editing or to share post-event.
Display – Via Ninja V/V+
- Touchscreen: SuperAtom IPS panel (capacitive touch)
- Size: 5.2”
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Brightness: 1000nits
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Color Gamut: Rec.709
- HDMI: 4 x HDMI 1.4b up to 1080p60
- Bit Depth: 10-bit
- Video Chroma Subsampling: 4 2 2
- HDCP copy protection: No
- Via CAST: HDMI 1.4b up to 1080p60 – Program ONLY
- Via Ninja V/V+: Multi functions out – Program, Preview, Multiview
- Multiview: Yes, via Ninja V/V+ Display or HDMI output
- OS overlays: Optional via Ninja V/V+ HDMI out
- Video Chroma Subsampling: 4 2 2
- Bit Depth: 10-bit
- USB UVC: USB-C up to 1080p30
- Audio Quality: 24/48kHz
- Audio Codec: PCM
- HDMI: 2ch 24-Bit, input dependent per input
- Analogue Audio in: 3.5mm via Ninja V/V+
- Headphone out: 3.5mm via Ninja V/V+
Timecode / Sync
- Embedded: HDMI
Resolution & Frame Rates
- FHD 1920 x 1080 Progressive: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60
- FHD 1920 x 1080 PsF: No
- FHD 1920 x 1080 Interlaced: 50/59.94/60*
- 1280 x 720p: No
- SD PAL / NTSC: No
Program Recording CODEC via Ninja V/V+
- Apple ProRes: LT, 422, 422HQ
- Avid DNxHD: DNxHD 220x,220,145,36 (Free activation key via visit my.Atomos.com)
- Switched Program Record: Clean or CAST Program feed via Ninja V/V+
Multi Input / Switching
- Multiple HDMI input: Up to 4 x HDMI up to 1080p60
- Multiview Display: Quad input display on Ninja V/V+ Display
- Multiview Ouput: Via Ninja V/V+ HDMI out
- Picture in Picture (PIP): Any input over Any input, 4 positions in small or large size PIP
- Graphic overlays: Select layout for Stored Graphics in Ninja V/V+ and save configured scene presets
- Media pool storage: Upload and Store Graphics in Ninja V/V+
- Input Processing: I > P and frame rate conversion
- Transitions: Fade in / out and Dip to – White or Black
- Master Caddy II: Yes
- SSDmini: Yes, requires the included AtomX SSD mini handle adaptor
- File System: ExFat
Onboard Signal Processing
- Pulldown removal: Interlaced to Progressive on Input and USB stream *
- Weight: 485g / 1.06lbs
- Dimensions (Control Unit): 129 x 49 x 160 (with out Ninja V/V+)
- Mount Points: Anti rotational 1/4” 20 / 3/8 on base of unit
- Body: ABS plastic with locking arm for Ninja V/V+
- Cooling: Passive
- Tally light: Record tally Via Ninja V/V+, Program and Preview illumination on CAST buttons
- Control Button: 4 x Switching, 4 x Function
- AtomXpansion slot: To connect to Ninja V/V+ (no module pass through)
- Input Voltage: 6.2V to 16.8V
- DC in connector: Lock DC connector from Ninja V/V+ DC power supply
- Battery: Via optional Atomos DC to DTAP cable
In the box
- AtomX CAST
- USB-C cable
- SSDmini Handle Adaptor