PolarPro QuartzLine Solid Neutral Density Circular Polarizer Filter
Neutral density + polarization filters, or ND/PL filters for short, are a unique type of camera filter that combines two popular filter effects together into a single glass element. ND/PL filters combine a polarized glass element with a neutral density coating of a specified strength for slowing shutter speeds with improved contrast and color saturation.
- A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
Cut Through Glare
A polarizer helps cut down reflections and glare off reflective surfaces such as water and snow, bringing more details to your imagery.
Utilizing a polarizer when shooting reflective subject will help bring your content to life.
Slow Shutter Speeds
ND + Polarization filters help bring subtle details back into your photographs while providing artistic motion blur effects.
This filter is constructed from quartz glass for enhanced durability. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, 16 layers of anti-reflection coatings offer scratch protection to the filter substrate while promoting clarity and color fidelity. The coatings associated with the PolarPro QuartzLine Solid Neutral Density and Circular Polarizer Filter also result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil, allowing for more efficient cleaning.
The quartz glass is set within a brass filter ring with side knurlings that can be rotated in order to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect. Together, the brass material and knurlings prevent jamming and provide additional strength, as well as a textured grip when mounting or removing this filter from a lens.
- Polarizing filter effect arranges and filters directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors
- Strongest polarization effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun
- Circular polarizer effect is ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses, where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features
- Constructed from quartz glass for enhanced durability
- Multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections while promoting clarity as well as color fidelity
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength
- Filter ring can be rotated to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect
- Side knurlings provide a textured grip when mounting or removing from a lens
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport
- Microfiber cloth for cleaning and maintenance
- Filter Type: Solid ND with Circular Polarizer
- Filter Factor: 0.9 (3-Stop) / 1.2 (4-Stop) / 1.8 (6-Stop) / 3.0 (10-Stop)
- Circular Size: 67 mm/77 mm/82 mm Filter Thread
- Rotating: Yes
- Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet: 67 mm/77 mm/82 mm
- Coatings: Multi-Coating
- Filter Material: Glass
- Ring Material: Brass
In the box
- PolarPro QuartzLine Solid Neutral Density and Circular Polarizer Filter
- Filter Case
- Cleaning Cloth
- Limited Lifetime Warranty