KOMODO-X™ is the next evolution in the KOMODO family, multiplying the frame rates, dynamic range, and usability of the original KOMODO to break new grounds.
NEXT GENERATION KOMODO® SENSOR
KOMODO-X features the same sized 6K S35 Global Shutter sensor as the KOMODO, but with a ground up redesign and key architecture improvements.
Improved detail and color in shadows, paired with double the frame rates at 6K 80P and 4K 120P makes KOMODO-X an even more powerful tool for creatives.
ENHANCED BODY AND I/O
With key improvements for professional workflows, the KOMODO-X now shares many features with the DSMC3™ line while still maintaining the impressively small KOMODO form factor. An integrated micro V-Lock allows for direct attachment of professional micro V-Lock batteries without the need for adapters and is also compatible with the upcoming RED Pro I/O Module to provide auxiliary power and compatibility with full sized V-Lock and Gold Mount batteries.
A reinforced RF lens mount with locking mechanism maintains the flexibility of toolless switching between multiple lens mount types, while providing the stability and rigidity professionals need. KOMODO-X is also fully compatible with /i PL lenses using the RED® RF to PL Adapter.
12G SDI, full sized DC-IN, USB Type-C, and a phantom powered locking audio connector further enables KOMODO-X to seamlessly integrate into any professional workflow. KOMODO-X is compatible with DSMC3™ RED® 5-Pin to Single 3.5mm Adapter to support existing KOMODO microphones, or the DSMC3™ RED® 5-Pin to Dual XLR Adapter for general purpose XLR microphones.
An integrated 2.9” LCD allows for simplified control and image preview in compact setups. For more precise monitoring, KOMODO-X supports the DSMC3™ RED® Touch 7.0″ LCD which provides a daylight viewable, high-resolution, camera top monitor and control solution without the mess of cables.
KOMODO-X is a powerful platform for any IP based workflow, from virtual production to live broadcast. With integrated USB Type-C connection and built-in Wi-Fi, remotely control the camera using RED Control or RED Control Pro, as well as IP media offloading using FTPS or in-camera Cloud Uploading functionality (Frame.io and S3). In addition, KOMODO-X supports frame-accurate PTP synchronization or tri-level genlock sensor sync with the ability to offset on the fly to support multi-camera LED volume productions.
KOMODO-X also supports RED Connect, a licensed feature that allows for live broadcasting of 6K images directly from the camera over IP, expanding RED’s cinematic imagery into boundless new uses.
The KOMODO-X™ Production Pack is a comprehensive and robust pre-bundled setup that is perfect for professional work and studio set ups. It includes:
- 1x KOMODO-X Camera System
- 1x DSMC3 RED Touch 7” LCD
- 2x RED PRO CFexpress 1TB
- 1x RED CFexpress Card Reader
- 1x RED Pro V-Lock I/O Module
- 1x RED Compact Top Handle
- 1x DSMC3 RED 5-Pin to Dual XLR Adapter
- 1 Year Standard Warranty (camera only)
- For Accessory Warranty information, please visit Terms and Conditions of Sale
• KOMODO-X 19.9MP Super 35mm Global Shutter CMOS
• 6144 x 3240
• 27.03 mm x 14.26 mm (Diagonal: 30.56mm)
• 16.5+ stops
• Integrated locking RF mount with electronic communication
• Supports /i PL lenses with RED® RF to PL Adapters
• Supports Canon EF Adapter with communication and other adapters based on the RF mount
MAX DATA RATES
• Up to 560 MB/s using RED branded or other qualified CFexpress media cards
REDCODE® RAW MAX FRAME RATES
• 80 fps at 6K 17:9 (6144 x 3240)
• 96 fps at 5K 17:9 (5120 x 2700))
• 120 fps at 4K 17:9 (4096 x 2160)
• 240 fps at 2K 17:9 (2048 x 1080)
PLAYBACK FRAME RATES (PROJECT TIME BASE)
• 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 fps, all resolutions
BEST AVAILABLE REDCODE® SETTINGS
• REDCODE HQ, MQ, LQ, and ELQ at 6K 17:9 (6144 x 3240) up to 80 fps
• REDCODE HQ, MQ, LQ, and ELQ at 4K 17:9 (4096 x 2160) up to 120 fps
• REDCODE HQ, MQ, LQ, and ELQ at 2K 17:9 (2048 x 1080) up to 240 fps
• REDCODE® RAW
• 6K 17:9 (6144 x 3240), 2:1, 2.4:1, 16:9. 1:1, and Anamorphic 2x, 1.8x, 1.6x, 1.5x, 1.3x, 1.25x
• 5K 17:9 (5120 x 2700) and 16:9
• 4K 17:9 (4096 x 2160) and 16:9
• 2K 17:9 (2048 x 1080)
• Dedicated recording in 4K (4096 x 2160) ProRes 4444 XQ up to 60 fps, ProRes 4444 up to 80 fps, and ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, and ProRes 422 LT up to 120 fps
• Aluminum Alloy
• 129.37 x 101.26 x 95.26 mm / 5.1 x 4 x 3.8 in (LxWxH, largest fixed dims.)
• 2.62lbs (without body cap and CFexpress card)
• CFexpress Type B
• Integrated V-Lock battery interface optimized for Micro V-Lock Batteries
DC POWER INPUT
• 11-17V via 6-pin DC-IN
• 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
• –20°C to 50°C (–4°F to 122°F)
STORAGE RELATIVE HUMIDITY
• 0% to 85% non-condensing
• Image Processing Pipeline 2 (IPP2)
• Supports 33×33×33 3D LUTs
• Supports import and adjustment of CDLs
• Integrated dual channel digital mono microphones, uncompressed, 24-bit 48 kHz
• Integrated dual channel (mic/line/+48V) input via 5-Pin 00B Audio Port, uncompressed, 24-bit 48 kHz
• Phase Detect and Contrast
• Proprietary Top Accessory Port for Monitoring and Control
• Integrated 2.9″ 1440×1440 touchscreen LCD with preview and camera control
• Integrated 12G-SDI with 6G-SDI, 3G-SDI and 1.5G-SDI modes
• 12G-SDI: Up to 4096 x 2160 4:2:2 for 60p
• 6G-SDI: Up to 4096 x 2160 4:2:2 for 30p
• 3G-SDI: Up to 2048 x 1080 4:2:2 for 60p
• 1.5G-SDI: Up to 2048 x 1080 4:2:2 for 30p, 24p
• SMPTE Timecode, HANC Metadata, 24-bit 48 kHz Audio
• Tri-Level Genlock Input via 9-Pin EXT
• LTC Timecode Input via 9-Pin EXT
• RS232 CTRL (using RCP2) via 9-Pin EXT
• Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5GHz) for camera control, video preview, and media offloading
• Ethernet via USB Type-C for camera control, video preview, and media offloading
• MJPEG 1080p live stream accessible through Wi-Fi and USB-C.
• PTP for frame level synchronization
• R3D live broadcasting available with RED Connect License and 5Gbps Ethernet Adapter
RED CONTROL & RED CONTROL PRO
• Access full camera controls and live preview from iOS or Android devices
• Pro App: Operate one or multiple cameras over an IP connection to synchronize settings, manage media files locally or upload directly to FrameIO, develop custom looks with advanced CDL and LUT controls, and more. Ideal for control of multi-camera arrays, multi-cam shoots, and live events, all from one central location.
• Standard app available from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
• RED Control Pro available via Apple App store only and requires additional purchase.
• RED Control works wirelessly or wired via USB-C
In the box
• 1x KOMODO-X Camera System
• 1x DSMC3 RED Touch 7” LCD
• 2x RED PRO CFexpress 1TB
• 1x RED CFexpress Card Reader
• 1x RED Pro V-Lock I/O Module
• 1x RED Compact Top Handle
• 1x DSMC3 RED 5-Pin to Dual XLR Adapter
• 1 Year Standard Warranty (camera only)